Tuesday 5 July 2016

Mid-year Book Freakout

I'm officially halfway through my reading goal for this 2016! Yay! Even though it still feels like I'm not reading 'enough' & I have a billion books on my TBR, I think I've done really well so far. So here we go, my mid-year book freakout:



1. Best book I've read so far in 2016

Night Owls, for sure.

2. Best sequel I've read so far

The Raven King and Glass Sword, for very different reasons: TRK was the final part of my favourite series, and Glass Sword was ramping up to the rest of an extremely awesome series.

3. New release I haven't read yet

The Many Selves of Katherine North, which I put on hold before I went on holiday because it's a big scary hardback.

4. Most anticipated release for late-2016

I don't really keep track of upcoming releases, but a couple I'm intrigued by are Dead Girls Society and The Inexplicable Logic Of My Life

5. Biggest disappointment

Pereira Maintains. I mean, I wasn't expecting it to be amazing, but I'm just kinda annoyed I had to spend my reading hours on it (for uni)

6. Biggest surprise

The Darkest Part of the Forest was so, so different to what I was expecting, but it was also soooo fantabulous!

7. Favourite new author

Jenn Bennet and Nora Sakavic are both wonderful!

8. Newest fictional crush

JACK FROM NIGHT OWLS. Like... OMG 😍😍

9. Newest favourite character

Henry Cheng from The Raven King!!!

10. A book that made me cry

The Raven King and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

11. A book that made me happy

The Princess Diaries. I honestly love this series, it's so funny & clever and cute!

12. Favourite adaptation I've seen so far

I think the only one I've seen this year might be the Jungle Book. I also really enjoyed the TV series Shadowhunters.

13. Favourite post I've done this year

Verbomania: an Astral Collection. I just really love words, okay?

14. The most beautiful book I've bought this year

EVERY BOOK IS BEAUTIFUL, but here are some special mentions:



15. What books I need to read before the end of the year

The Next Together, The Rest Of Us Just Live HereThe Art of Being Normal (these three are my Summer Bookclub Books so I want to read them by September), The Many Selves of Katherine North, Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the UniverseWendy Darling: StarsTigerlily, Peter Pan in Scarlet, Peter & the Starcatchers, Passenger, The Square Root of SummerTess of the D'Urbervilles, Wuthering Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment